Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I'll never stay in a hotel again!

How to become a member of Airbnb 

+ $25 travel voucher


Get your $25 / £16 Airbnb travel voucher here.

When I go travel, I'm renting out my flat or spare room on Airbnb, and often I earn more money then I spend on my travels. When I'm away, I'm staying cheap with other Airbnb hosts, often at a much lower price than a hotel or hostel. In addition, it's great to come in contact with a local. 

Airbnb voucherFor a limited time members of Airbnb can handle out travel vouchers to friends, family and personal contacts / blogger audience. This coupon gives you $25 off any vacation rental. Click here to get your Airbnb travel credit or click on the banner left. 

I came across this genius website a while ago. It's called Airbnb and it's marketplace where travelers can meet local hosts. Private property owners like myself can rent out their rooms, flats, houses, boats etc and earn good money. Travelers can find cheap and unique accommodation, often at a much lower price than hotels and motels in the same area. The community has grown quite large, with more than 2 million properties listed on the site.



See also: 10 similar websites to Airbnb

Advantages for Airbnb travelers:

  • The price is often lower than a hotel / motel in the same area
  • You'll meet a local and see how people live
  • You can browse truly unique properties in more than 34 000 cities in 192 countries
  • Its safe because payment is taken care of by a third part and customer service can be reached 24/7
  • It's fast and easy to create an Airbnb account, you can get one here

Advantages for Airbnb hosts:

  • You can rent out your spare rooms or extra flats, houses, boats to travelers in your area and earn good money.
  • You'll meet a lot of interesting people
  • It's safe. In the unlikely event of damage to your property it will be covered by the Airbnb insurance. 
  • You can earn considerably more money on renting out short term than long term and you can easily block the dates if you don't want to rent out. There are no obligations.  
  • You can rent out your home and earn money while you're on vacation
  • It's fast and easy to create an account with Airbnb, you can get one here. By using this invitation link you'll also get a 18 EUR start up bonus ;)

 

My experience with Airbnb: 

As written above, Airbnb was one of the first websites I came across while searching for a place to advertise my spare rooms. I've now used Airbnb since more than 3 years both as a traveler and host and I'm quite happy with their services.

I'm also using several other similar websites:

Flipkey
Roomorama
Wimdu
Rentalo



4 comments:

  1. alquilo habitaciĆ³n en colonia ciudad patrimonio. Uruguay, 3 cuadras de la playa vista al rio pleno centro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    North Georgia cabin rentals & Blue Ridge cabin rentals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice information. Thanks for sharing such a useful information.
    Dash Continental

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airbnb helps the visitors find affordable accommodations, while allowing their citizens to earn supplemental income while sharing their love of this city. A good chunk of the auditorium was occupied with their members, many of which sported buttons to show their membership.

    James Horner
    Tourile

    ReplyDelete